I got together today with my friend Lyn to try paper marbling with liquid startch. Oye vey. Things didn't go so well. I've watched videos and read blogs. I was like, "I can do that." But, when it came to this technique, it didn't work so well for us.
Our initial attempts were with alcohol inks and none of the inks would adhere to the papers very well. Next, we used watered down acrylic paint and that was dubious as well. The blues really seemed to stick but the other colors would not adhere to the paper. We tried cardstock, bond printer paper, roughed up brown paper. Nothing really worked. We both felt like we'll stick to our gelli plates.
Here is the best thing I came up with - the background paper is the acrylic paint. Not much to look at.
If you have suggestions, please comment below. I'll probably read more blogs and try it again but geesh, it was frustrating. Lyn and I had fun together but that was disappointing. The above is a card I'm sending her to say thanks for having me over to trash your kitchen.