Monday, September 15, 2014

Why can't I scrapbook?

My art endeavors over the last 5-10 years can be attributed to scrapbooking. As my kids were growing up, I wanted to create handsome books that were similar to those my mother and father had put together when they were younger. Books with photos and text and bits of memorabilia from their trips. I was okay at scrapbooking but soon discovered that I didn't like the store bought look. I began to search for "how to" videos and blogs. How to create the looks I liked on my own. Since then I've dabble in lots and lots of art techniques - embossing, stenciling, stamping, collage, etc., etc., etc. But I haven't scrap booked for years.

Now, I'm leading a group of school age children in a scrapbooking project and I find I can't scrapbook.

Here is my inspiration ... (from Nancy Damiano thepaperorchard.blogspot.com )



Here is what I came up with ...


This one is boring ...


I like this one but ... I don't think the kids will like it...




I love this little detail ...




Back to the drawing board ...

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same boat for you. I have two younger children. I finished my 4year old's scrapbook, but lost the passion to scrap. I would much rather paint, create cards...I struggle with the idea that my two younger children are getting the raw end of the deal. I even made a scrapbook of our first pet. How silly and yet cannot sit and complete one for my girls. I have thought of the idea of going digital, but I would still love to complete these two books for my daughters, one who is almost 3 years old and one who will be joining us in December. I wish you much luck and encouragement! You can do it! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete