Saturday, May 31, 2014

Visual poetry



This month's live ATC trade theme is "Alphabet." I thought I'd try to channel some of the great visual poetry artists to represent my alphabets.

Visual poetry is the visual arrangement of text, images and symbols to convey an intended effect, blurring the distinction between text and imagery.

I had about a million ideas running through my head and in some cases, I think I tried to execute them all at once. A big muddy mess - but, here is what I made.





Last night I came up with the idea to do some dry tape transfer which is a technique I adore. Ripping and pulling - it's just so chaotic! I love it. However, I made these two 12 x 12 inch pieces thinking that I'd cut them into ATC size but I think the detail would get lost. Now I'm not sure what I'll do with them. Perhaps cut them into postcard size and send them to someone. 



Here are a few photos to show the process  ...

Using tape to lift a cool image ...


Using tape to lift some letters

Some of the tape pieces from taping, ripping, and pulling. Then I arranged them and glued them down.











No comments:

Post a Comment